Want to help out? We have need for help in many areas. Please look below and see if one of our volunteer jobs can be done by you! Please contact us at email@example.com if you would like to be part of the team!
1. Physician’s list Update Manager (on-going)
- Will be responsible for updating Physician’s List every 60 days
- Willing to read Yahoo messages to scan for Dr. names and to contact members for recommendations.
- Google and verify all names of physicians who will be added to list
- Communicate with Marnie Kaufman from ACCRF to add any of their recommendations
- Update Excel list and submit to project manager for sharing with ACCOI and ACCRF
- Access to and proficient in Microsoft Excel
2. Physician’s list Mailing Project (on-going)
- Ongoing process to reach out to physician’s on our list to build interest and value.
- Use e-mail addresses from Verification project completed above
- Create and draft document to e-mail to physician’s on list
- Advise doctor they are on our list
- Thank them for participation
- E-mail pdf of Jeff Kaufman document
- Request mailing address and other contact information to mail follow-up copies of ACCOI brochure.
- Mail brochures to doctor’s address and update Physician’s list
- Responsibility for follow-up mailing of brochures to doctor’s office on timely basis
- Notify project manager of completion for updating of Physician’s mailing list
- Basic e-mail skills, working with pdf’s
3. Yahoo Group Moderator(s) (this could be a duty shared by 2 people) (on-going)
- Responsible for TWICE DAILY moderation of all messages sent to our group by members. (morning and evening review)
- Time Expectation – ½ hour in morning and ½ hour in the evening
- Job Description – Reading and reviewing content of daily messages prior to posting to the Yahoo Group. Messages are reviewed for spam or inappropriate content…not edited by moderator.
- Escalation of questionable postings to project manager for immediate review.
- Daily dedication to the task (this is very important)
- Thorough reading and observations skills
4. Physician’s List Verification Project (fixed duration)
We need 4 people for this project
- Research doctor names on current list thru Google or similar search engine.
- Verification/expand database of Doctor Name, Address, phone number, hospital of affiliation and area of specialty
- Report results to project manager
- Will require making phone calls between 8AM to 5PM.
- Knowledge and availability of Excel software
- Knowledge and use of Google and internet searches
5. Website Information Analyst
Person will be assigned specific sections of our website to recommend updates, editions or deletion of information.
Recommendations will be forwarded and discussed with project manager.
- Good broad knowledge of ACC disease in general
- Above average knowledge of particular subject matter to be assigned or reviewed
6. ACCOI Brochure Design Project (fixed duration)
Update and revise look of brochure
Marketing and Graphics Experience
Proficient in graphics software – Creative writing skills mandatory
7. Regional Gatherings Coordinator
- Create a list of tasks ….a “How To” guide for having your own regional gathering.
- Interface with volunteer regional meetings hosts to provide support, send materials and follow-up with issues.
- Communication skills
- Basic email skills
8. ACCOI Newsletter Correspondent
- Create, edit newsletter for publication on ACCOI site, Facebook, Yahoo Group
- Drafted and submitted to 2X per year –
- Completed April 15th
- Completed December 1st
- Topics included, but not limited to
- Clinical Trial updates
- Member Highlight/Personal Inspiration story
- Upcoming fundraising activities
- Project opportunities for volunteers
- Excellent communication, writing and spelling skills
- Has access to and proficient with Microsoft Word or similar